We explain the term incognito mode per browser. Anonymous browsing can be very useful in many situations. An easy way to do that is by using the so-called incognito mode. But what does incognito mean in this case? And to what extent are you really anonymous when you go online with this mode? We find out how the feature works and answer these important questions. Don’t feel like reading it all? Then go straight to the conclusion with VPN ที่ดีที่สุดสำหรับการสตรีม Netflix.
What is incognito mode?
Incognito is a feature you can use in Google Chrome to browse the web without saving local data like history, cache, cookies or passwords. This prevents you from having to delete these manually, which can thus save you some time and effort. It also prevents you from accidentally leaving them on anyway. While Chrome calls this feature “Incognito”, other browsers have given it their own name. For example, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer call it ‘InPrivate’ and Firefox and Opera ‘Private browsing’.
How do I use incognito mode?
Depending on the browser you use, there are different ways to go incognito. In all cases you will find a button in the browser menu to browse privé, but even easier are the hotkeys. These are the hotkeys for the different browsers to open an incognito window.
- Google Chrome, Opera: Ctrl + Shift + N
- Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + P
What are the benefits of incognito mode?
When you use incognito mode you are mostly anonymous for local use. You do not leave any data behind in the browser which could possibly be picked up by other users. It’s very useful if you don’t want others to see your browsing habits, but it has a number of other useful advantages. Here are the reasons why you should use incognito mode:
- Browsing anonymously on public or shared devices: When you go online on a public PC or a friend’s PC for example, it’s recommended to browse anonymously. The Incognito feature prevents not only that your browsing data is stored, but also that your login information remains visible to other users. Nice to know.
- Easy login to multiple accounts:When you have several accounts for websites, it is not always possible to log them all into ééone browser. When you use an incognito window, you avoid having to log out of one account to then log in to another.
- To buy gifts in secret:When you go on the Internet to find and/or order a gift, you don’t want it to show up, for example in the form of a search suggestion in Google, to the person for whom the gift is intended. Incognito prevents this kind of data from being stored.
- Buy cheaper plane tickets:Some airlines and travel agencies increase the price of the plane ticket the more you visit their website, in order to make you buy a ticket faster. This all works on the basis of cookies, so if you use Incognito this will not be the case. Save money!
You see that there are a number of situations in which it can be very useful to open a ExpressVPN Indonesia @ Globalwatchonline.ID but with such a window you are not completely anonymous. It is therefore useful to know in which areas you are not anonymous.